Tuesday, July 20, 2010

East, East Ninety-nine, ninety, ninety, nine, nine, nine, nine...

So the other day, I'm tired of basketball news so I mosey on over to my favorite blog about the University of Miami to get the low down on some football news. I miss football. :( And low and behold: more basketball. Nonetheless, I peruse through the posts, and there's one about how by Lebron coming to Miami, and Seantrel Henderson choosing to spurn the (<--small caps) Ohio State Buckeyes for the Canes, it kinda somewhat avenges "the theft in the desert" referring to the pass interference bullshit call that robbed Miami of it's 6th overall and 1st back to back National Title Championship. Then in the comments section I begin reading through the back and forth from the Miami fans, and the few Ohio St. trolls, and came across this gem from an anonymous poster:

What are you going to do in Cleveland? Whack off over Ohio State's 2002 stolen
title, cry over the Indians' lost World Series title in 1997, drown your sorrows
over "The Drive", listen to that first Bone Thugs & Harmony CD or avoid
getting shot?

Bone Thugs & Harmony??!!?? ROTFLMAO!! I compeletely forgot that those cats were from Cleveland, and thought that that retort was the funniest shit since...I don't even know.

Anyhoo, I got to thinking about how much I really liked BTNH, and I used to JAM that first tape, Creepin' on ah Come Up. Yeah, I said it: TAPE. For the young'uns, it looks a little something like this:

Photobucket

Whatchuknowboutit??? Nathan!

So I gets to youtubing, and immediately look up Thuggish Ruggish Bone, their first LP that I used to bump so hard, and naturally I start singing/rapping along. And then I wonder, "Hey what the hell happened to Natasha?" Natasha, could've been fiyah! Another Mary J.? Maybe?? Maybe not.

What's that? You mean to tell me you don't know who Natasha is?? Come'on man, Natasha. Oh my bad, I wikipediaed it and apparently her name is Shatasha. Does that help? You know her. She was last seen sporting a mushroom bob with fan bangs, bamboo earrings, red lipstick & black BTNH T-shirt, and let's not forget her square hater-blockers, all while swaying gangsta-like to the beat and singing trills. Wait, you, mean to tell me you still don't know who Shatasha is??

Well, then lemme sing it for you:

"You got Laaaaaaaaaay-zie, and Kraaaaaaaaa-aayzie . Biiiiiiiiiizzy's in the hoooouse. Wiiiiiish is in the hoooo-ooouse! And Flesh. And (pause) Shatashaaaa-aaah. Cleveland's definitatelaaaaaaa-aay, in the house."

Ahem, that Shatasha...lol! Where the hell is she now? VH1, I think you should do an investigation.