Thursday, July 8, 2010

STAAAAAAY AWAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Okay, truth be told I feel like an idiot on the edge of the beach telling the tide not to roll in. But guess what....that tide is a-coming. And it may be good for the beach, or it may be bad for the beach, but who's to say until that tide arrives just what kind of power, or damage it may do.

And what is this tide of which I speak, you ask? The tide...or tidal wave of arrogance heading to South Beach, according to every news report under the sun:

HIM!

Photobucket

At this point it seems inevitable, but "they" (the "they" that I wish would shut the hell up) say that His Queenliness will dawn upon us, and so too will come forth a great dynasty. Now, I'm all for dynasties, and trust me I can turn into a rabid annoying fan (a la Lakers-fans, Celtics-fans, Yankee-fans, 'Canes-fans). In fact, I'm a member of that last group--and, you don't want to see me come August, if you haven't seen my madness already--however, I didn't want to share that dynasty with LeBron.

Yeah, yeah, he's kinda likeable in interviews, and he's a great player, but honestly he reminds me of how I felt when The Big Daddy was coming: hate to love him, love to hate him. And though I vowed I never like him, I too fell under the bewitching charisma of His Shaqness. I fear the same may happen with James.

I just really hated the fact that for as much hype as he got, my boy Wade could never get the same respect, even when he constantly proved to be as good or better than LeBron. Dwyane wins a championship in his 3rd year (damn near got us there his sophomore year), and people say he's just "a'ight." James, wins nothing, but he's still "The King." Wade is clutch. Bron-Bron, just says buh-bye, when he's needed most. After injury and surgery, Flash had to prove himself to everyone again, by been the best sixth man in the Redeem Team's Olympic efforts, by scoring off the bench, and effectively helping them win gold. LeBron can tank his MVP run to the championships 3 times in seven years and all is forgiven, right??

Look, in my little NBA mini-world view, Dwyane is my Larry Bird to James' Magic Johnson. They're supposed to be friendly rivals. I'm supposed to root against him. Hope he fails, and that my team triumphs. I had hoped that Wade & Bosh would form their own little Jordan/Pippen with a decent company surrounding them, and house shit from here on out. But it seems like they had their own agenda, and love for trios instead of duos, and 3 Muskateers (or Basketeers?) it seems they will be.

*sigh*

But who knows? I mean, inevitably it'll be all over once this circus comes to town 9:00 EST, and like clowns, most of us will be there to watch The Ringmaster, turn himself into a hero or he'll be made into a heel. My heart hopes he stays in Cleveland, but my gut's telling me...he may be already here.

0 comments: